In today’s fashion and beauty world we are all interested in keeping up with what’s ‘trending’ at the moment whether it is the latest fashion icon, the most popular make up brand or the newest mascara in the market. When it comes to choosing what make up brand to use we are influenced by our friends, peers, social media and what is ‘in’ this season on the catwalk. However no matter what brand of expensive or inexpensive make up you have in your make up bag, the most important feature lies beneath, YOUR SKIN. Amazing skin is the best starting point for any make up routine!!
The skin is the largest organ your body has, and it works hard every day to protect your body from a wide range of harmful elements. Skin is constantly growing with old cells dying and new cells being created. Every aspect of your life has a knock on effect on your skin, from what you eat, to how much water you drink, whether you work indoors or outdoors to whether you live in the city or the countryside. Healthy skin is better positioned to fight the signs of ageing, it heals a lot faster and protects your body from potential disease. Because your skin is growing and changing all the time it is important to create a bespoke caring routine individually designed for you and your specific skin type.
Why Do I Need to Develop a Good Skincare Routine?
- Skin cells shed daily. It is so important to have a good daily routine because the healthy skin you have today will be shedding tomorrow.
- Beautiful skin is a lifelong process. If you want gorgeous skin in later life good choices made early are key for beautiful skin for the future. In contrast, negative skincare routines can cause future harm.
- Preventing potential skin problems early in life is easier than trying to fix skin issues in the future.
- Having clean and clear skin can help boost your confidence and keep you looking your best.
- A good skincare routine can help you create other healthy routines for your body.
Did You Know?
- Your skin is the largest barrier your body has to protect itself from infection.
- Your face needs extra attention, especially when entering puberty as the facial skin becomes oilier.
- Wrinkles develop with more ease and sink deeper if your skin is dehydrated and unhealthy.
- When skin is unhealthy it loses elasticity, which can make it sag and appear thin.
- The eye contour skin is ten times finer than the skin on the rest of the face. It is particularly fine, fragile and needs specific care..
- Pollution, smoke, stress… All these have harmful effects on the skin.
- To avoid allergic reactions to makeup choose make-up specially formulated to meet the needs of all skin and eye types, even sensitive skin.
- Whatever the season, choose daily skincare products that protect you from the sun by reducing the harmful effects of the sun, it will slow down the skin aging.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Maintain a balanced diet to provide the vitamins and minerals your skin needs. choose fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein.
Everyone’s skin type are different. For this reason your skin may require more care than the next person’s. If you are unaware what your skin type is the best thing for you to do, is to come in and discuss your skin with us or treat yourself to a facial, your therapist will assess your skin type and give you loads of expert advice specifically for yo
Clean Skin Is Happy Skin